Debbie Meekins, Executive Vice President of Sterling Savings Bank, with over 200 branches and 1,300 employees, shares the career moves and leadership strategies she used to get promoted from bank teller to one of the first women presidents of a bank in California at 38 years old.
Sabrina Braham, host of Women’s Leadership Success Radio and Debbie talk about how she got out of her comfort zone, learned new leadership and career skills and called upon her business network to excel in her new jobs.
Highlights of the Interview:
- When you should change companies even though it is scary and painful
- What to do when you have been promoted and don’t know how to do the job
- Moving forward from mistakes, career development tips
- Three important steps to getting a promotion for women
- A women’s best approach to politics at work
- Community service as a way to catapult your career
- How to relate to people that work for you